January 25, 2012

Creme Brulee


The next two weeks I am on baby sitting duty so from time to time I will be blogging about my adventures with the 2 year old toddler. He is a very animated kid we have plans of whooping us some crafting some food crafts and we will see what else is in store for us the next few days. Yesterday we attended a birthday party for one of my cousins, I wanted to make something so, I decided to make  Creme Brulee because I have always wanted to try it.
I watched a YouTube video on how to prepare everything since, this was my first time making creme brulee, I knew it was going to take me about 4 hours to refrigerate so in the meantime Mikey and I ran a few errands, we headed to Trader Joe's. He noticed the samples and quickly told me he wanted some, sure enough he was quiet a good few minutes as he devoured the Macaroni & cheese.  Once he finished he said "yumm thine um hum good" I was kinda busy looking for a particular cereal as I noticed my basket full of food I didn't put in there. Mikey had choose a bunch of snacks and tossed them right in. I thought to myself we better get out of here before this kid breaks my bank ha ha. I wait till he turned to start putting back some of the "yonke" (Spanish for junk).  He is a great helper and knows exactly what he wants when it comes to shopping. He threw in berries, macaroni & cheese, nuts, and fruits that we had stocked up on at home. Our cashier gave him a roll of stickers, and he immediately had a huge smile on his face and began peeling them off and sticking them to his sweatshirt.

Once we got home there were stickers stuck to the window, I told him "oh noo were going to get in trouble" and had this confused look on his face and replied to me "huh? no thine the humming bird in trouble" of  course I'm not sure what he was talking about or trying to tell me but, later I learned that he was watching an episode of  Wonder Pets and the pets rescued a humming bird because the bird couldn't fly or something it was just funny to see the connection he tied in when i mention were in trouble. This day and age allot more kids are so much smarter, he knew that by telling me about the humming bird story I would probably forget about the whole sticker situation,  and yes it worked because, I was too occupied trying to figure out what he was talking about.

wallah creme brulee...









Happy 16th Birthday Joe!!
  purchased from The Phoenix Bakery

No comments:

Post a Comment