January 26, 2012

Valentine's Day Rice Crispy





In Today's Blogging & Baby Sitting Mikey and I decided to make food crafts and since its Valentine's Day coming up we thought we would make heart pops form rice crispy treats.

Supplies:

*butter
*Rice Crispy Cereal
*Wax Paper
*heart cookie cutters
*sprinkles
*food coloring if you want to dye the crispy mixture
*frosting
*white marshmallows
*spatula
*thin baking rack to flattened out cereal

This is a great way to get the kids involved when its time to decorate and cutting up the crispy, since Mikey is still young I allowed him to decorate everything and I cut up the rice crispy since they are a little tough to apply force for such a small child.

In a large pot melt about half a stick of butter depending on how many rice crispy you want to make I only used half a bag of cereal therefore half a stick of butter otherwise if I was to use the whole box I would use the full stick of  butter. Avoid the butter burning this will cause the marshmallow's to brown and start adding in the cereal
once its all sticking together similar to the consistency above

 take it out of the pot and empty it all on to wax paper.

In order to flatten out all the cereal find something with a flat surface I used a baking sheet without the raised edges then let it cool for about half hour or till cooled. Using a spatula apply a thin layer of frosting
 Place it in the refrigerator for at least an hour till it hardens and then your ready to decorate.


Once your done decorating place them back into the refrigerator so the frosting and all sprinkles will set and enjoy your dessert.

1 comment:

  1. Looks easy I will try with my grandchildren!!!
    Thanks for that. Going for supplies.
    SF Padilla

    ReplyDelete