January 16, 2012

Oversized Birthday Card/ Guest Book



Everybody needs a card when giving a gift, and the idea of buying one just makes me feel a bit traditional and as far as I'm concerned I'm far from that, so being the planner that I am I planned ahead. This birthday so happened to be a Halloween theme but, you can critique your card to which ever holiday or favorite colors the receiver likes. As you can imagine a card this size meant so much to the birthday girl, she was so excited to see such an enormous tribute not only because it was in her honor but, also since it has pictures. I think the best part she liked about having everybody sign it was so that late she would be able to look back and be reminded of who attended her party.
Supplies: I purchased all my supplies @Michaelscrafts
*Foam Core Board with the tri fold opening
* Card stock or scrapbook paper, any colors of your choice.  I choose Halloween colors since the birthday girl I am giving this birthday card to falls during this holiday.
*3d dots; its a double sided sticker like tape that will give paper a tiny bit of height and keeping it glued in place at the same time
* extra foam core board to use to add more height making the card look 3D
* Halloween glitter stickers,
*felt spider web
*doorknob foam skeleton kit
*The Cricut, Cartridge #29-0287 Alphalicious Cartridge, if you don't have a Cricut you can purchase letters already cut for you
optional: glitter, puffy paints

Here are some of  the pictures from the event I wanted to share, enjoy creating your card.
look at all of us having a great time, we sure did! 
Princess Aubrie as Princess Jasmine opening her gifts.

 Here is another example of a birthday card only it was done with a foam core poster. The birthday took place on fourth of July and his theme was Curious George so I choose to make this card with primary colors that will tie in with the theme.

I also made 9 dozen confetti eggs for everyone to enjoy & yes even the adults joined in on the fun too or shall I say yes, even I did too...
It looks like the birthday boy still had some confetti left in his hair
 
Everyone also had their faces painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment