February 15, 2012

Los Guisados Tacos

In East Los Angeles off Cesar Chavez Blvd I was invited to taste these so called "high end tacos" being the foodie that I am, I gave them a try and I am not a person who settles for just any food nor will I go as far as to call a dish amazing or delicious if it doesn't agree with my taste buds unless it is. I have to start by saying I was very impressed with these gourmet style tacos. Since, I was new to this place I was ready to take on the taco challenge and sample as many of the best sellers possible. I ordered Calabaza,  Tinga (pork) and Cochinita de pibil. 
this taco to the left pictured belows is a Taco de Mole and the one with purple onion is Cochinita de pibil
the taco de Calavasa is to the top right and the two at the bottom are Tinga
 The owner features local artists and displays their art in his restaurant, I just love the idea of some of the art being drawn in with sharpie marker rather than paint. I thought this particular drawing was especially cute since this picture says "no olvide su taco!" meaning don't forget your taco but the interpretation comes from the mexican border these signs are posted to watch for pedestrians crossing the border so it was clever to see it being used as art for food.



No comments:

Post a Comment